Presonus Studiolive 32.4.2AI 32-Channel Digital Mixer
The PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI 32-channel digital mixer will absolutely change the way you approach live mixing while providing you with a full set of truly useful studio-quality recording tools as well. Based around 32 PreSonus XMAX microphone preamps and Active Integration onboard DSP, you can be sure that the StudioLive 32.4.2AI will provide exquisite sound quality and flexible processing. What's more, native LAN (with Wi-Fi) and extensive FireWire 800 recording capability make recording and remote control easy. If you want a competitive, easy-to-use digital mixer for a phenomenal price, the StudioLive 32.4.2AI is for you.
The future is Active Integration
StudioLive AI-series mixers start with all the strengths that made the first generation of StudioLive mixers famous: powerful, surface-driven interface; loads of DSP processing and analog I/O; and layerless mixing, thanks to dedicated mix buses. Then they push the technology to the next level. So while the three StudioLive AI-series mixers — the StudioLive 32.4.2AI, 24.4.2AI, and 16.4.2AI —look and feel much like their non-AI counterparts, they have been reengineered from the ground up with far more capabilities and computing power.
The difference is Active Integration (AI), a complete, networked, tightly integrated hardware/software ecosystem in which every touch point in the system communicates to enhance the user experience and solve practical problems in ways not previously possible.
Pristine XMAX preamps for sound reinforcement and recording
Simply put, the 32 Class A XMAX preamps onboard the StudioLive 32.4.2AI sound like they belong in the studio. Their high headroom and low noise floor deliver extremely clean and clear sound you simply wouldn't expect from a live console. Combine that with the StudioLive 32.4.2AI's amazing FireWire recording capabilities, and you can comfortably create live records right as you record. And with the included Studio One 2 Artist DAW software, you can easily record additional tracks, add in virtual instruments, and perform in-depth editing later.
PreSonus Fat Channel processing delivers great sound quickly and efficiently
The StudioLive 32.4.2AI's Active Integration DSP ups the ante over other digital mixers. With Fat Channel processing for each of your mixer tracks, you get 4-band, fully parametric EQ; extensive dynamics; and much more. PreSonus's AI DSP is so fast and powerful that you can load up two complete Fat Channel processing chains on every mixer channel and A/B them for instant comparison. The best part about all of this, though, is that you don't have to dive into mile-long menus to take advantage of all the processing. The PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI's Fat Channel section provides you with clearly labeled knobs, an intuitive multifunction LED display, and a separate pan display for getting clear visual feedback whenever you need it.
Wireless Remote Control provides convenient options live and in the studio
The PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI's native wireless LAN lets you connect with Apple iOS devices for incredible remote-control convenience, without needing to cart around your computer or other networking gear. In addition to being able to walk the venue and tweak your mix from the palm of your hand, this gives up to 10 people remote access to the StudioLive 32.4.2AI's QMix function. That means each performer can potentially tweak his or her own monitor mix onstage with no fancy or expensive additional dedicated hardware.
PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI Features:
- 32 x Class A XMAX microphone preamplifiers individual phantom power deliver studio-quality sound for any microphones
- USB wireless LAN included for direct wireless remote control of laptops, iPad, or iPhone/iPod touch — no computer connection or separate network needed!
- 4 x onboard digital effects processors let you add depth and dimension to your mixes
- Integrated FireWire 800 interface makes live recording easy
- 2 x Fat Channel processors per channel provide highpass filter, full-featured gate and compressor, limiter, 4-band parametric EQ, and the ability to A/B two completely different setups
- Smaart Measurement Technology integration lets you quickly tune your system to any room
- Direct integration with PreSonus's Capture 2.x multitrack recorder and Studio One 2.x DAW makes music production seamless
- Optional Thunderbolt, AVB, and Dante cards provide easy integration into advanced recording and production setups
- An exhaustive software suite including Studio One 2 Artist and Capture 2 included
PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI Tech Specs:
- Type: Digital
- Channels: 32
- Inputs – Mic: Preamps 32 x XLR
- Inputs – Line: 32 x 1/4", 2 x RCA (Tape)
- Inputs – Other: 2 x stereo aux returns, 1x talkback mic
- Inputs – Digital: 32 x digital returns from computer
- Outputs – Main: 2 x XLR, 1 x XLR (Mono)
- Outputs – Direct: 4 x DB25
- Outputs – Other: 2 x 1/4" (CR), 4 x 1/4" (Subgroup)
- Outputs – Digital: 1 x S/PDIF
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"