Red Giant Knoll Light Factory 3 - Beautiful lens flares, from motion pictures to motions graphics
Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Knoll Light Factory has long been Hollywood's favorite way to add color, depth and excitement to a scene. Now ILM Visual Effects Supervisor John Knoll has created an all-new light effects tool by adding his lens flare technology from recent feature films. With Knoll Light Factory 3, you get new features like realistic flare elements, time-saving animation behaviors, a redesigned interface, and over 100 beautifully designed presets. John Knoll’s new technology delivers the sexiness of lens flares while creating believable, accurate results.
What's New in Knoll Light Factory 3?
- Easy visual interface. Designing flares is a breeze with newly organized controls, and a Lens Designer preview that’s redesigned for a productive, creative experience.
- New shapes to build your flare. Create beautiful, believable flares with 28 Elements and 56 Sprites, building blocks that let you quickly build a light design.
- New automated lights. Instantly add unique animation with Behaviors that mimic real world light effects like Strobe, Pulse, Flicker and Blink.
- More realistic scenes. Use the new Edge Reaction to flare or fade light at the edge of a comp.
- Now in 3D. Full integration with After Effects 3D camera and lights lets you move the Knoll flares in 3D space and sync them with animated lights.
Reasons To Buy Knoll Light Factory 3:
- Bring John to your team. Co-developed with Academy Award winner John Knoll, whose credits include VFX Supervisor at ILM, Photoshop co-creator, and Star Wars effects guru.
- The REAL deal. Use light to tell a story with Hollywood-tested technology that creates the same photorealistic lens flares used in feature films.
- Beautiful, accurate presets. Get presets that emulate real world lenses and lights, plus presets created for sci-fi and motion graphics, including new presets by John Knoll.
- Professional support. The industry-standard editing apps are supported, so you can work seamlessly between After Effects, Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro/Motion.
- Color and excitement. Flares can add sparkle to logos, dynamic relighting to a scene, glints to product shots, or propulsion to a spaceship.
Knoll Light Factory 3 Features:
Custom Lens Editor
Knoll Light Factory 3 is brought to you by the genius of VFX Supervisor John Knoll. This new release was inspired by John's work on feature films at Industrial Light & Magic, and his desire to bring that power to your desktop. New flare elements like Lens Texture, Barrel and Rectangular Spread were created to give you more accurate light effects. Now you can create that next blockbuster in all your favorite host apps.
Lens Designer makes the sexy look real
Knoll Light Factory 3 makes sure the sexy is also realistic. Its Lens Designer window lets you build a gorgeous flare using Elements and Sprites, 56 light shapes that replicate reflections from the real world. The Lens Designer interface has been fully redeveloped with a clean workflow, and a new real-time preview for layering and building your flare. We ship over 100 lens flare presets, all designed to create the most believable, scientifically accurate flares on the market.
New features for beautiful, accurate flares
Knoll Light Factory 3 is packed with new features to create any flare imaginable. It does the flashy things you don't have time for, offering pre-built Behaviors for animations like Strobe and Blink, with no scripting required. It adds realism by flaring or fading the light with Edge Reaction as it passes through a scene, and hiding the light behind objects with Obscuration. Light Factory even works in 3D space, with full integration with After Effects 3D lights so you can move and sync the flares. Your lights just got new depth.
Knoll Light Factory 3 System Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.5.8
- Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.6.8
- Mac OS X 10.7.2 and later
- Mac OS X 10.8
- Mac Intel
- 1 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of Hard Drive space
PC / Windows:
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or faster (or AMD equivalent)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of Hard Drive space
- Knoll Light Factory runs in a variety of host applications. Each purchase and serial number allows the owner to use the product on more than one host application, but only on a single computer at any one time. Except where noted, the features are the same in all systems and host applications.
- Adobe After Effects CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5
- Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Apple Motion 4