Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Upgrade License for customers who own a previous version of Robert McNeel Rhino.
Rhino 6 for Windows is the market leader in industrial design modeling software. Highly complicated shapes can be directly modeled or acquired through 3D digitizers. With its powerful NURBS based engine Rhino for Windows can create, edit, analyze, and translate curves, surfaces, and solids. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size.
Robert McNeel's Rhino 6 for Windows also supports polygon meshes and point clouds for a complete coverage of geometric data types. With its unparalleled modeling power Rhino 6 for Windows lets you focus on designing, not on cumbersome modeling workarounds.
Robert McNeel Rhino 6 for Windows - Key Features and Benefits:
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in high-end systems. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees.
What's New in Rhino 6 for Windows
- Grasshopper. Rhino 6 for Windows fully embraced Grasshopper - the wildly popular visual programming language - by "baking it in." Grasshopper is no longer beta; it's a stable development environment. We've also rewritten some features and renovated workflows that needed fundamental overhauls to make them truly productive. Used in some of the most ambitious design projects of the past decade, Grasshopper, like Rhino, has become a robust development platform. Grasshopper provides the solid foundation for many incredible third-party components ranging from environmental analysis to robotic control.
- Presentation. Presentation is key: during nearly every phase of design, you need to communicate, getting "buy-in" from clients, customers, collaborators, or the public at large. We've improved Rhino with the aim of helping you present your work: be it "quick and dirty" or "high-res glossy." With major changes to Rendering, Materials, or just plain capturing the viewport, it's now easier and faster to present, discuss, make decisions, and iterate.
- Display. Rhino's new display pipeline is faster, more stable, and uses features found on modern graphics hardware, like GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimizations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. In some conditions, display speed can be up to 300% faster.
- Documentation. Modeling is just one part of the design process; you also need to show how to build what is on the screen. We've refined many parts of the documentation workflow, from a completely reworked annotation-style interface, to better DWG support, and RichText throughout. It's now easier to convey accurately and clearly the what and the how of your design.
- Licensing & Administration. Rhino 6 is now easier to install, license, and configure. We have added a new way to license Rhino that will change where and when Rhino is available for you to use. Now there are three ways to license Rhino:
- Cloud Zoo (New) - Make your licenses available anywhere in the world through a login.
- Single-Computer - License Rhino to one single computer.
- Zoo - Float a set of Rhino licenses within your private network.
- Make2D. Make2D has been completely rewritten to provide faster, better, cleaner, more customizable results.
- Rhino Refinement. Small quirks add up to painful paper cuts over the course of a prolonged modeling session. In Rhino 6, we've fixed hundreds of minor bugs and consolidated disparate - but similar - features into single commands, making Rhino much more refined.
- Development Platform. Rhino is more than just a modeler. With a rich ecosystem of plugins and an open set of development tools, Rhino is quickly becoming the development platform for those seeking to push the envelope of design. Rhino 6 brings major improvements to our free SDKs, with API refinements, better documentation, and more access to Rhino commands from Grasshopper.
- Serengeti. Rhino 6 users have access to the Serengeti community and our Work-In-Progress (WIP) builds. The WIP builds are where we are developing future features like SubD support, Grasshopper 2, a new real-time rendering engine, and much more.
- Windows 10, 8.1, or 7
- 8 GB memory (RAM) or more is recommended.
- 600 MB disk space.
- OpenGL 4.1 capable video card is recommended.
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
- Multiple-button mouse with scroll wheel is recommended.
- The SpaceNavigator is supported.
- Apple hardware is supported with Bootcamp.
- Internet connection for: Download, installation & License validation.
- Rhino account for: Technical support on the forum & Cloud Zoo licence management.