Electronic Software Download (ESD). This order will be delivered electronically. Customers ordering this item will receive an email message within a 24-48 hours of placement of their order with instructions on downloading the software.
Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition combines a speaker and headphone calibration plug-in, a room measurement software, and the Systemwide app to assist audio engineers in mixing and mastering with consistent results. Whether in the comfort of your studio or on the road, this system allows you to take your monitoring reference with you and trust the mixes you create on your favorite speakers and headphones, with greater confidence.
Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition uses proprietary Automatic Microphone Positioning System (AMPS), Perceived Acoustic Power Frequency Response (PAPFR), and Headphone Acoustic Power (HAP) measurement technology to measure and adjust the frequency response of your speakers/headphones and precisely match flat- and neutral-sounding studio monitors in a well-treated studio. Requiring a measurement microphone (available separately), the Room Measurement software automatically locates the microphone position using acoustic trilateration, making the optimal placement of your mic effortless.
The interface's Calibration section gives you a choice of Flat, Custom, and Predefined target correction curves. The Simulate section transforms your headphones/speakers into any supported model set, with predefined simulations of popular headphones and speakers for quick and easy referencing on the fly. With zero-latency monitoring, the software can be used live when tracking vocals and instruments.
The included Systemwide app brings the convenience of system-wide speaker/headphone calibration. It lets you retain a neutral sound, no matter which app you are playing music through, whether it is iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify, or other sources.
Note: A flat frequency response measurement microphone (available separately) is required to use the room measurement software.
What's New in Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition
- Zero-latency processing
- Speaker measurement module has been improved for faster workflow
- Supported headphone library has grown to 101 models
- Old profiles have been updated for even better accuracy
Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio - Key Features:
- Includes DAW plug-in for headphones and speakers
- Includes Systemwide app
- Includes Measurement software for speakers
- All products can be activated on three machines
- Speaker reference sound in a studio setting—rids your monitoring of unwanted room coloration
- Ensures that your mix translates more accurately to other monitoring systems
- Headphone reference sound combined with zero-latency processing, for sound creation on headphones
- Calibration profiles, filter modes, and predefined simulations of popular headphones and speakers, for quick and easy referencing
- Calibrate section with Flat, Custom, and Predefined target correction curves
- Simulate section transforms your headphones/speakers into any supported model set—select up to 4 different simulation curve presets and switch between them on the fly
- Frequency response curve shows useful information regarding calibration
- Curve is shown for both channels, before and after correction, including graphic representation of phase relationships and differences between left and right drivers
- Choose between linear, mixed, and zero-latency filter calibration, for balancing CPU efficiency and filtering latency
- AU, AAX Native, RTAS, and VST formats
Room Measurement Software
- A user-friendly and streamlined process for measuring the room acoustics
- Automatically locates the microphone position using acoustic trilateration
- Uses proprietary Automatic Microphone Positioning System (AMPS) and Perceived Acoustic Power Frequency Response (PAPFR) measurement technology
- Operates at OS level to calibrate your outgoing audio, for seamless production and referencing
- Includes all DAW plug-in features
- Hear how your tracks sound when played on a variety of music delivery platforms such as Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, and more
- Gives you neutral reference sound when listening to music from non-DAW sources
- Mac: macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows: 7 or later
- 2 GB RAM
- 1024 x 768 display
- Measurement microphone with a flat frequency response (available separately)
- Audio interface with phantom power for condenser measurement microphone (available separately)
- Sonarworks-supported headphones or Sonarworks individually calibrated headphones