1-Year Subscription License
STEAMtrax is an innovative new curriculum that integrates engineering and 3D printing technology with core academic knowledge in science, math, language arts, social studies, and art. In the true spirit of the Framework for 21st Century learning skills, students are engaged in relevant learning scenarios that encourage the essential skills of problem solving, collaboration, communication, clear and critical thinking as well as developing core academic knowledge. Each lesson imbeds 3D design, printing and scanning technology as an integral part of the STEAMtrax Engineering Process.
Annual site license provides teachers and students access to all STEAMtrax digital 3D printing modules and projects (grades 3-5) for one Middle School. Curriculum are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and have an accompanying hands-on science kit, sold separately.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Making a magnet mining machine: Students study environmental problems caused by careless mining in the Iron Range of Minnesota, and discover ways that the properties of magnets can be used to solve problems caused by iron ore residue or tailings and restore the area.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Building a beaver dam model: Students find solutions to minimize the environmental impact of the changes caused by a beaver dam on plants and animals that live downstream of the dam.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Constructing Earthquake-resistant structures: Students find solutions for building structures that are designed to withstand rapid changes on the Earth’s surface, such as earthquakes, with little damage.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Making Morse code messages: Students use knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and sound energy to make a Morse code message system.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Connecting an irrigation system: Students design a geometric irrigation system model out of straws and connectors to provide water to plants.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Welding weather-resistant roofs: Students design, print, “weld” and test roof models that resist damage from wind, water and ice.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Building a better rubber band racer: Students design, print and build a rubber band racer that is powered by the elastic potential energy of a rubber band.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Creating crab coverings: Students design and create a shell-like cover that could be used by a hermit crab to protect its soft abdomen rather than purchasing a new shell for each growth period from the pet store.
- STEAMtrax Kit E – Tinkering with turbines: Students design, print and test a wind turbine model that transforms wind energy into electrical energy after researching types of energy and energy transformations.
- Problem–based, thematic storylines make learning relevant and fun
- Hands-on, constructivist learning stations to clarify science concepts
- Integration of 3D design, printing, and scanning built into each module
- Engineering Project Design Process encourages critical thinking
- Variety of formative and summative assessments, including rubrics
- Flexible modules easily align to NGSS or state standards
- Available in digital or print platform
- Hands-on science kits available for each module (sold separately)