Upgrade Pack for customers who currently own Cubase AI software.
USB e-Licenser is required for installation and activation, and is not included inside the box.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 condenses almost three decades of Steinberg development into the most cutting-edge DAW anywhere. Used by star producers and musicians for composing, recording, mixing and editing music, Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 combines outstanding audio quality, intuitive handling and a collection of highly advanced audio and MIDI tools. Whether you record an orchestra, a huge live rock show, or a band in the studio, Cubase Pro is sublime in every sense of the word.
Create music your way with Cubase
Cubase is one of the most powerful music creation software packages in the world. With its unrivaled range of flexible tools, you can create any kind of music quickly and intuitively. It comes packed with a wide range of virtual instruments, effects and thousands of sounds. Whether you’re a professional composer or a music production beginner, Cubase provides you with everything you need for turning your ideas into music.
New in Steinberg Cubase 10
Steinberg Cubase 10 delivers many impressive new features in a remarkably powerful software package. It includes many new tools to enhance your creativity and speed your workflow. There is also a new, modern user interface and enhanced audio quality. Steinberg Cubase 10 makes music production more inspiring, intuitive and flexible than ever before.
- VariAudio 3: Control every aspect of your audio. Quality, workflow and usability – every aspect of VariAudio has been improved and extended with even more creative tools. Smart Controls significantly speed up your workflow by allowing direct control of all parameters at each segment. You can edit the micro pitch level for smooth drifts and transitions, adjust the formant shift for perfect natural tones, drastically transform your recordings with extreme pitch corrections… and everything in between – VariAudio gives you ultimate control.
- Audio Alignment: Syncing your sound. Doubling the lead vocal and stacking multiple recordings is a common technique in music production, but matching the timing of each recording to the lead vocal track can be a time-consuming task. The new Audio Alignment tool lets you sync stacked vocal and other recordings in no time, easily matching multiple tracks at once to a designated reference track, with the timing corrected automatically. Audio Alignment makes stacking recordings fast, easy and efficient.
- Channel Strip revised. The channel strip is the most important element in the mixing workflow of many producers and engineers. The completely redesigned Channel Strip in Cubase 10 significantly extends the functionality and usability of its modules. New metering elements offer direct visual feedback for each of the modules, with detail views for the compressors allowing further tweaking with additional controls.
- Groove Agent SE 5. Groove Agent SE 5 introduces an all-new user experience, gigabytes of new sounds and inspired workflow improvements. With a fully resizable interface, an acoustic drum kit christened appropriately The Kit, 20 new Beat Agent kits for electronic productions, one-click routing setup, Pad presets, in-kit preview in the new content browser and much more, Groove Agent SE 5 has many new features for you to explore.
- MixConsole Snapshots: Immediate store and recall. Create alternative mixes for your project and compare the results within seconds, thanks to MixConsole Snapshots. This facility lets you conveniently save your current mix in a tab directly in the MixConsole, for instant recall at any time. You can add notes to each Snapshot, recall only the EQ settings or even recall just the settings of an individual track. MixConsole Snapshots will fundamentally change and improve the way you mix.
- Inspiring sounds and great-sounding loops. Cubase 10 comes with 5 GB of fresh sounds and loops, exclusively produced by some of the most acclaimed producers in their genres. Berlin-based Florian Meindl has produced the deep, grooving Analog Techno library with his modular synthesizer setup. The Beat Butcha, whose production credits include Jay-Z, Beyonce, Mobb Deep and many others, has recorded The Hip Hop Vault with great-sounding drums and unique loops. Soul Assembly is a collection from Soul Surplus, with a vibe perfect for the foundations of new creations. Drum and bass duo Rawtekk have produced Raw Ambience, a highly aesthetic sound library perfect for electronica, ambience and dubstep. Produced by Nashville-based producer Allen Morgan, the Blockbuster library is the perfect inspiration for electronic music film trailers. Mystic Spaces is a collection of extraordinary experimental sounds produced by musician, sound designer and instrument builder Ferdinand Försch.
- MPE supports multidimensional controllers. MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) is now officially supported in Cubase 10. The most common MPE controllers are automatically detected and set up, with convenient assignment to any kind of instrument parameter. Libraries of exclusively designed MPE-ready presets for Retrologue and Padshop are included.
- Steinberg Virtual Reality production suite for Cubase. Steinberg Virtual Reality is a collective term for Steinberg's VR initiative, bringing you professional yet easy-to-operate tools for producing Virtual Reality content — from audio capture to final mixing. The VR production suite includes an array of plug-ins and seamlessly integrated functions, such as a third order Ambisonics bus, an HMD connector for head tracking, a fully integrated Binauralizer and a VR panning device, included in the VST Multipanner.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 – Key Features:
- Next-generation audio engine. The award-winning Cubase audio engine features crystal-clear, 64-bit floating-point resolution at a 192 kHz sample rate, delivering pristine sound quality that is the hallmark of the Cubase music production experience. It also includes true surround capability, with each track and channel offering up to six discreet channels for 5.1 surround mixes.
- Workspaces. Workspaces allows you to organize windows and specific dialogs for your frequently-used workflows. Multiple workspaces can be defined, each saving the size, position, and layout or settings of important windows and dialogs, such as the Project window, MixConsole, or Transport panel. It allows you to quickly switch between different working modes via the Workspaces menu or key commands.
- Track Archives. You can export Cubase tracks (audio, FX, group, instrument, MIDI, and video) as track archives for import into other Cubase projects, including all the information associated with the tracks.
- Project Logical Editor. The Project Logical Editor allows you to combine filter conditions with actions to create complex procedures. It could be used for special track type operations on tracks that are identically named, to delete all muted MIDI parts, to toggle the open state of all folder tracks in a project or for many other things.
- Project Browser. The Project Browser window provides a list-based representation of the project. It allows you to view and edit all events on all tracks by using straightforward value editing in a list.
- Softube Console 1 support. The Softube Console 1 hardware controller is deeply integrated into Cubase. You can select tracks and control various track parameters like volume, pan or sends through this elegant and intuitive controller.
- WaveLab file exchange. This facility allows you to open an audio file in WaveLab directly from within a Cubase project and use WaveLab's restoration, editing, analysis and mastering tools to polish your audio material - even during the mixing process.
Included Virtual Instruments:
- Sampler Track. The Sampler Track is a creative tool which will inspire many hours of creativity. You can take any piece of audio and use it to create a Sampler Track. You can then play the sample chromatically, manipulate it with the on-board filters and controls, experimenting for as long as you like to come up with new and innovative ideas. Sampler Track delivers virtually limitless sonic excitement and interest, helping to generate unique sounds with your own, personal signature. To make it even better, it comes with Caleidoscope, a dedicated sample library with hundreds of samples and presets to get you started immediately.
- Retrologue 2. Retrologue 2 is a flexible, intuitive instrument which emulates the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers. Three virtual analog oscillators, exceptional filters, an adaptable arpeggiator, powerful modulation system and FX rack all help to produce a wealth of rich, inspiring sounds.
- Halion Sonic SE 3. With a massive sample content library in combination with powerful synthesizer engines and effects, HALion Sonic is a versatile sound production tool. Developed for both studio and stage, it is equipped with an easy-to-use interface, intuitive workflow and an extremely stable audio engine, meaning you can focus solely on being creative.
- Padshop. Padshop is a granular synth which is perfect for high tension atmospheres and unusual effects, thanks to its two independent layers that generate up to eight different grain streams, a comprehensive edit section and built-in modulation and delay effects.
- Trip. Trip is a virtual analog synth that comes with three oscillators, a sub oscillator, a ring modulator, and a noise generator. Accompanied by a flexible filter section, integrated arpeggiator and step sequencer, it delivers a very flexible sound architecture while still being easy to use.
- Spector. Based on two colorful and versatile spectrum filters, the unique Spector allows you to create unique new sounds by simply drawing new filter curves and then shifting or morphing the two filter spectrums. Like Prologue, Spector offers a wide array of sound-shaping tools.
- Mystic. Mystic is an unusual, inspiring instrument with a lot of personality. Its synthesis uses a combination of physical modeling and comb filtering to generate unique and colorful sounds, based on three parallel comb filters with feedback.
- LoopMash 2. LoopMash is a revolutionary virtual instrument which offers a unique and innovative way of creating stunning new rhythms and grooves. A revolutionary audio analysis/synthesis engine matches similar elements across loops and beats, generating fresh and inspiring mash-ups from any rhythmic audio material, all synced to the Cubase tempo. Integrated editing and a powerful live performance mode make it a great creative tool for any artist serious about their beats.
- Groove Agent SE. Groove Agent is possibly the most comprehensive drum production software instrument ever produced, featuring a huge library of stunning samples, grooves and patterns as well as a full virtual mixer and FX suite for even more creative options. Groove Agent SE features an exceptionally powerful beat production toolkit, ready to help you create the best beats, whatever electronic, dance or urban genre you’re working in. Produce floor-shaking sounds and dancefloor-filling grooves with an array of incredible sample manipulation tools, FX, slice editors and much more. Thanks to its deep integration within Cubase, you will be able to see the instruments mapped automatically as drum maps into the Drum Editor and Beat Designer.
- Prologue. Prologue is a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer with great sounding variable, multi-mode resonance filters, powerful modulation capabilities, cool onboard effects and much more. Powered by VirSyn technology, it features hundreds of great sounding presets which cover a remarkable range of sounds.
- Flux. Flux is a wavetable synth that combines HALion’s synthesis with two main wavetable oscillators, a classic sub oscillator, and a flexible noise generator. With a wide variety of options and filters, you can create your own sweeping sounds quickly and easily.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 – System Requirements:
- macOS 10.12/10.13
- 64-BitWindows 7/8.x/10
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 30 GB free HD space
- 1440 x 900 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
- Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
- OS-compatible audio hardware
- ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance
- An internet connection is required for activation, account setup and personal/product registration. A download is required for the installation.
- USB port for USB-eLicenser