Steinberg UR-RT2 4 x 2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface with 2 x Rupert Neve Designs Transformers and D-PRE.
The Steinberg UR-RT2 is a premium four input, two output USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface with switchable Rupert Neve Designs transformers on the front inputs. Combined with the onboard, high-quality D-PRE preamps, the Rupert Neve Designs transformers deliver a musical, more expressive sound with rich harmonics, which is especially beneficial for vocals, acoustic guitar and other instruments with a versatile dynamic range. Offering a studio-quality, mobile production platform with a range of input/output options for laptop and iPad, the onboard SSP2 DSP chip also delivers zero-latency FX for monitoring. The robust Steinberg UR-RT2 is engineered to offer outstanding quality for its price class, making it the ideal portable production interface for PC, Mac or iOS.
An exceptional portable production solution
With an impressive set of I/O capabilities for its size, the fantastic quality and musicality of its Rupert Neve Designs transformers and Yamaha-designed D-PRE preamps, advanced DSP-powered FX system, stellar audio components and compact dimensions, the UR-RT2 is an exceptional interface that balances mobility with audio quality and advanced production features in a way unrivaled in its price range.
A Pro Studio at Home
With even modestly-priced laptops housing DAWs, virtual instruments and boutique effect plug-ins that are on par with the most expensive studios, many musicians and producers require a compact, portable audio interface that offers functionality and sound quality to match. The Steinberg UR-RT2 features components and technologies of an exceptional standard for its class, offering the audio aficionado a moderately priced, mobile solution which delivers the most musical, expressive results of exceptional quality.
A Wide Sound Range for Recording with any Mic
The Steinberg UR-RT2 is the perfect audio interface for capturing a wide range of styles and sounds with any microphone. Yamaha-designed DPRE preamps are renowned for their quality and, combined with the UR-RT2’s switchable Rupert Neve Designs transformers, ensure that results are always rich, expressive and high quality, whatever musical style you are recording. Switchable +48 V phantom power means that, whether you use dynamic or condenser mics, the best, most accurate sound is captured.
The Guitar and Bass Pro
Whether you’re laying down studio-quality guitar tracks or playing live through your laptop as a flexible digital guitar amp, the Steinberg UR-RT2 is optimized for guitarists. The Hi-Z input lets you plug your electric guitar or bass straight into the interface, while DSP-powered virtual amp FX deliver lively, dynamic sound when monitoring, with zero latency. The Guitar Amp Classics FX suite offers full control over realistic recreations of four classic guitar amps.
Steinberg UR-RT2 Top Ten Features:
• 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
• 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power
• Rupert Neve Designs transformer switchable on each input channel
• 2 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 1 for electric guitar), plus 2 TRS line inputs, headphones jack with independent level control
• Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip, and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in version also included)
• dspMixFx editor application for Windows, macOS and iOS
• MIDI input and output
• Rugged full-metal housing
• Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version for Mac and PC (only for 64-bit environment) and Cubasis LE DAW app for iPad
• Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, macOS and iOS (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter)
• macOS 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13
• Windows 7 SP1 / 8 / 8.1 /10
• Intel or AMD dual core processor
• 2 GB RAM
• 4 GB free HD space
• 1280 x 800 display resolution recommended
• USB 2.0/3.0 port for connection of UR unit
• Internet connection required for activation, account setup, access to manual and personal/product registration. Additional downloads may be required for the installation.