The Steinberg UR22MkII Recording Pack is your complete recording solution. The all-inclusive, full-on production toolkit to get you producing your first songs on your computer or iPad! The UR22mkII Recording Pack combines a dual-channel audio interface, studio condenser microphone and monitor headphones, including cables, with a full software package — offering a complete, studio-grade quality music production set at an entry- level price.
The Steinberg UR22mkII — leading in its class
Being the centerpiece of the Recording Pack, the UR22mkII allows you to record and compose music in studio quality on your laptop or iPad. With outstanding audio and build quality for its price class, the UR22mkII combines choice components with advanced connectivity and flexible I/O options to offer a full-on mobile production platform.
All A/D and D/A converters offer 24-bit/192 kHz recording quality for professional standards in a compact interface. The UR22mkII also features connections for electric guitars and basses as well as MIDI gear such as drum pads and controllers, offering a wide range of connections within a highly portable, top quality unit.
The Steinberg ST-M01 studio condenser microphone
Rivaling high-quality studio mics with its clean, smooth response, the ST-M01 studio condenser microphone provides high sensitivity and a wide frequency response range ideal for recording every nuance of your desired audio source. Be it vocals, acoustic guitar or any other instrument, the ST-M01 captures every aspect of the signal in excellent quality. Also included is a low-noise microphone cable to connect the ST- M01 to the UR22mkII.
The Steinberg ST-H01 studio monitor headphones
The ST-H01 studio monitor headphones provide an accurate, sonically true and neutral signal listening experience, making them the ideal companion for monitoring during recording and accurately reproduce your signals when putting together your final mix. The close-backed design means low bleed levels into the microphone during vocal recording, ideal for singers recording their own vocals.
A comprehensive software set
The UR22mkII Recording Pack also includes a comprehensive software set that has all the tools you need for your production: from the first recording through to the final master
- Steinberg Cubase AI. Cubase AI is a powerful music production software combining audio and MIDI recording, editing and mixing in a single, integrated software package. Running on Mac and PC, it is based on the same technologies as Steinberg’s award-winning advanced music production system, Cubase Pro.
- Steinberg Cubasis LE. Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multi-touch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger sibling, Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE gives you a new freedom when recording, editing and mixing, far off from any music studio.
- Steinberg WaveLab LE. WaveLab LE offers a suite of audio editing tools tailored to the needs of musicians, small recording environments and podcast authors. Providing basic editing and mastering capabilities, WaveLab LE creates a unique one-stop application for recording and editing right through to online publication via podcast.
Compatible with all major recording software
The UR22mkII is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
Integrate with your music
The UR22mkII Recording Pack is a completely integrated system of interlocking components that have been designed and built with one goal: to give you a complete solution that’s easy to use, a one-stop toolkit with everything onboard! And that means that all the components, the audio interface, the microphone, headphones, software — even the cable — have been selected to fit together perfectly.
Plug the ST-M01 studio condenser microphone into one of the D-PRE mic preamps, put on the ST-H01 studio headphones, open Cubase AI and hit record — and the whole system is ready and waiting for you to step up to the mic, ready to support you, whatever your talent and whatever your music genre.
The drivers mean you have smooth operation even at low latencies, and because they integrate completely with Cubase AI, it’s all plug and play. And if you need to open your Cubase AI projects in a larger version of Cubase, no problem: your projects are compatible with the professional versions running in studios around the world. And the integration goes even further — open import projects you recorded on your iPad with Cubasis LE to Cubase AI to further work with it and after that open the mixdown in WaveLab LE to give it the latest twist in mastering.
The UR22mkII Recording Pack turns your iPad into a full-on professional music production platform. Connect to your iPad with CC Mode using either the Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. The power input socket supplies the included UR22mkII with the electrical voltage needed to run professional equipment such as condenser microphones requiring +48 V phantom power by letting you plug in a USB power adapter or a USB battery pack. And with the included Cubasis LE version for iOS, you can start recording and mixing straight away, with the option to upgrade to the full Cubasis version via in-app purchase.
- Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
- Windows: Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10
- Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 4 GB of free HD space
- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0/3.0 port
- CC mode requires Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit / Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and an external 5 V DC adaptor or an external battery pack
- UR22mkII requires iOS 7 (or higher) on iPad 2 (or higher)
- Internet connection required for installation, activation, account setup and personal / product registration. To complete the Cubase AI installation, a download of approximately 500 MB is required.