Yamaha MG10XU 10-Channel Stereo Mixer with Effects
The MG10XU from Yamaha is a compact ten-input mixer with built-in effects for performances, lectures, recordings and similar applications. The mixer features four mic/line combo inputs with D-PRE mic preamps as well as six 1/4" line inputs with stereo level controls. It also features USB connectivity and is capable of providing two channels in and two channels out to your computer at up to 24-bit / 192kHz, ideal for recording live performances, demos and more.
Each of the four mic/line inputs is equipped with a 3-band EQ, pan control and a high pass filter. The four D-PRE mic preamps feature an inverted Darlington circuit and switchable 48V phantom power for use with dynamic and condenser microphones. They also each feature 26dB attenuation switches for recording loud sound sources such as guitar amplifiers.
The MG10XU mixer has stereo XLR and TRS outs for connecting to your PA system or monitor speakers. It also has a 1/4" headphone output with level control for personal monitoring, as well as additional TRS 1/4" stereo monitor outs for sending to powered speakers, amplifiers or devices such as digital recorders.
Each of the MG10XU's channels feature a dedicated FX bus send level and there are 24 effects presets to choose from. The overall level of the FX bus is controlled by the dedicated FX return level control. Providing reverbs, delays, phaser, flanger, chorus, tremolo, auto-wah, distortion and more, these effects can be used to help vocals and instruments sit better in your mix.
Yamaha MG10XU Highlights:
- 4x Mic/Line Combo Inputs
- 6x 1/4" Line Inputs
- 2-In/2-Out USB Up to 24-bit / 192kHz
- Built-In FX with 24 Presets
- XLR and TRS 1/4" Stereo Outs
- TRS Monitor Outs
- "D-PRE" Mic Preamps with 48V Phantom
- HPF & 3-Band EQ on Mic/Line Inputs
- 1/4" Headphone Output with Level Control
- USB Works with PC, Mac and iOS
- USB works with PC, Mac and the iPad (2 or later) through the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit / Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software (download)
- Three stereo channels made up of six 1/4" line inputs (two stereo channels also have RCA inputs)
- 3-band EQ on channels 1-4 and 2-band EQ on channels 5-10
- Pan control on each channel
- FX level on each channel also feeds to TRS FX send for routing to devices such as external FX units or monitor mixers
- One-knob compressor on channels 1 & 2 to smooth out the dynamics of vocals and instruments to help them sit better in your mix