Yamaha P3500S Power Amplifier
The Yamaha P3500S is a rack-mountable stereo power amplifier for sound reinforcement applications offering 350 watts per channel at 8 ohms and a moderate weight for its size. The P3500S has been optimized for use with Yamaha's Club Series speakers and is equipped with a YS engagement switch, which activates proprietary circuitry that matches the output of the amplifier to the capability of the speakers; that being said, speakers from all other manufacturers are supported as well and the YS circuitry is defeatable.
Another exclusive feature of the P3500S is the EEEngine energy conservation design, which obtains the same full output that conventional amplifier designs offer, but with half the power consumption. This attribute, in conjunction with a full complement of thermal and limiting overload protection, allows for cooler, quieter operation and improved frequency response with minimized distortion. The P3500S has XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs and Neutrik Speakon, binding post and 1/4" speaker outputs for connection to almost any sound system.
The rear panel offers several filtering options, the YS activation switch, and a mode switch - the amplifier supports stereo, bridged, and parallel operation. There is a comprehensive group of bright, color-coded LED activity indicators, and the front panel channel attenuator knobs are thoughtfully recessed and protectively covered. Yamaha has built a lot of value into the P3500S and made it available to budget-conscious schools, club date musicians, and event facilities at a very reasonable price.
Yamaha P3500S Highlights:
- Rack-mountable stereo power amplifier with 350 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- EEEngine (Energy Efficient Engine) technology for high power output with half the energy consumption of conventional amplifier designs
- Proprietary YS processing with dedicated on/off switch optimizes amplifier output for use with Yamaha Club Series speakers
- Amplifier overload limiting protection circuitry includes power on/off muting, DC detection, thermal protection, and current limiting
- Variable speed fan cooling
- Sweepable rear panel low end frequency control knobs, low cut/subwoofer filter switches
- Rear panel stereo/bridge/parallel operation mode switch
- Recessed front panel attenuator controls with protective cover
- Front panel LED indicators for power, protection, temperature, YS processing, signal, and clip
- Vented front and rear panels